Jennifer S. CarrollPrincipal
- Email Jennifer S. Carroll ›
Our law firm has been engaged in civil appellate practice and complex civil litigation before all federal and Florida state courts since 1998. This firm has been named since 2001 in the Martindale-Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers™.
Jennifer S. Carroll
Jennifer S. Carroll was in the first group of Florida lawyers to achieve Certification in Appellate Practice from the Florida Bar. She received this honor upon its inception in 1994. Ms. Carroll also holds an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatingSM from Martindale-Hubbell®, a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank her at the highest level of professional excellence.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Carroll served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Ralph W. Nimmons, Jr. of the First District Court of Appeal in Tallahassee, Florida. This experience, coupled with her experience in all aspects of litigation—from trial preparation, full bench and jury trials, and post-trial proceedings—enhances Ms. Carroll’s perspective and abilities in appellate and complex civil litigation.
Years in Practice: 20+
- Board Certified – Appellate Practice, Florida Bar (1994)
Awards and Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatingSM from Martindale-Hubbell®
- “Florida Super Lawyer,” Law and Politics, annually since 2006
- “Leading Florida Attorney,” Civil Appellate Law, 1997
- 1997 Pro Bono Appellate Law Award
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Inc.
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- “Top Lawyers in Florida” [Daily Business Review]
- “Section 57.105: A New “Fee Shifting” Statute?” Palm Beach County Bar Association Bulletin, January 2020
- “An Appellate Attorney’s Top Ten Land Mines in Civil Litigation,” Florida Bar Journal, July/August 2012
- “Medical Malpractice Arbitration and the Right to Set Off: A Proposed Resolution,” Trial Advocate Quarterly, Winter 2000
- “Appellate Specialization and the Art of Appellate Advocacy,” Florida Bar Journal, June 2000
- Appellate/Litigation Attorney – Metzger, Sonneborn & Rutter, P.A. – West Palm Beach, Florida. (1991-1998)
- Appellate and trial practice before all state and federal courts. Emphasis on health care, medical malpractice, class action, antitrust, and complex civil litigation.
- Senior Judicial Law Clerk – Honorable Ralph W. Nimmons, Jr. – First District Court of Appeal – Tallahassee, Florida. (1986-1991)
- Prepared case analyses, made recommendations and drafted opinions for judges concerning civil, administrative, commercial, and criminal appeals.
Thomas Mills is the firm’s paralegal, and has an Associate in Science Degree in Paralegal Studies. Tom has been with the firm for many years, and is devoted to working hard to protect each client’s interest. He is a perfectionist, and leaves no stone unturned.